We all want a magic mantra for eating healthy without compromising the taste. Since whole wheat and oat mean healthy, chocolate cookies made from them are something you can definitely indulge in.
Last week while making pumpkin cake, I had prepped for streusel. But with the batter too liquid, I could not top the cake with the crumbly goodness. So this weekend I decided to make some oat cookies.The crunchy texture of the oats juxtaposed with the soft texture of whole wheat and butter is a perfect play on your senses as you take a bite into the chocolatey delight.
Whole wheat chocolate oat cookies
- 115 g Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 115 g Brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 115 g Rolled oats
- 25 g Whole wheat flour
- 50 g Plain flour
- 25 g Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- In a bowl beat butter and sugar till creamy.
- Sift the flours, cocoa and baking soda.
- Add the egg, flour mixture and mix well until combined.
- Roll spoonful of the mixture into balls and flatten them slightly.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes or until just crispy.
- Keep in the oven till the cookies cool down as they will continue to cook and crisp further with the residual heat.